"Major strengths which make the school outstanding are...the exceptional quality of pastoral care, guidance and support. Rigorous safeguarding procedures enable pupils to grow in confidence and feel safe."
Hi, my name is Mrs Day. I am a Learning Mentor in school. Please come and see me if you have any question. Below is a brief outline of what I do in school.
What can pupils expect from me?
· A friendly face
· Confidentiality within our professional boundaries
· Advice and guidance
· Regular Support
· Achievable targets monitored and evaluated
· Recognition for achievements
· Referrals to other agencies will be made as and when required
I Work With Pupils Who :
· Could benefit from a range of strategies to enable them to fully access the curriculum
· Have a variety of behaviour problems
· Have low self-esteem
· Need support to develop their social skills
· Have communication problems — at home or at school
· Fallen behind with their work
· Need support with organisational skills e.g. time keeping and attendance
· Suffered from loss, separation and bereavement
A 6 week programme
Bereavement programme - 12 weeks
Support for coping with grief from loss as a result of divorce, separation and death.
Roots of Empathy
Whole class from September 2016 to June 2017 (class4S)
A project to build children's empathy for one another.