We a home learning menu for this half term that you can download or view below.
If you have any questions about anything, just come in and see us.
- What objects can you find in your house that are 3D shapes?
- Investigate – The heavier the object, the quicker it will sink. True or False… Prove it!
- Challenge – If you add two odd numbers together, the answer will always be even. Do you agree? Show your reasoning with at least 7 examples.
- Write a poem about the Titanic.
- Plan a party for the First Class passengers on-board the ship.
- Write a message in a bottle to send for help!
a) Compare an artic habitat to the rainforest.
b) Research and record the journey the Titanic took.
- Research a famous passenger who was on-board the Titanic.
- What major historical events happened 50 years before or after the Titanic sank?
- Design your own version of the Titanic ship, making sure that this one doesn’t sink.
- Sketch an outfit that a First class passenger and a Third class passenger would wear.
Design and Technology –
- Using “junk” can you create a model version of the Titanic ship.
- Can you make your own boat that can float on water?
- Keep a food diary, logging everything you eat over a week. Do you have a balanced diet?
- Create a table with adult animals and their young. (e.g. Dogs and puppies)
- Can you describe your “special place”? Why is it special to you?
- What are the special places of worship for Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism?
- An algorithm is a set of instructions. Can you write a set of instructions for how to evacuate onto a lifeboat when on the Titanic?
- Create a poster persuading people to go on the Titanic.