Monsters and Magic
The texts we will be sharing this half term are;
The texts we will be using to support us in maths are;
We will be:
- Sorting objects by category
- Learning to count and say numerals to 10 using songs and rhymes
- Creating our own simple structures linked to the three little pigs
- Learning to measure time in relation to our daily routine
Our nursery rhymes this half term include:
- Hickory Dickory Dock
- Baa Baa Black Sheep
- One, two, three, four, five. Once I caught a fish alive.
Physical Development/ Mark Making
We will be:
- Developing our fine motor skills using a range of media
- Using sensory play to strengthen our pincer grip
- Beginning to make purposeful marks by following a pattern
- Exploring how we can combine different media
For ideas on how to support your child at home, visit our parent guide page or speak to a member of staff.
Personal, social and emotional development
We will be developing our understanding of the importance of sharing and turn taking. We will discuss what sharing means and how we can be kind to our peers. We will be linking our sharing to time and how we can measure a period of time. For example using sand timers, or before snack and after snack. We will be using the text 'Mine!' to help us understand how to we can make others feel and to help us understand our own emotions. Through the use of songs and circle time, we will also share our ideas on how we can build relationships with our peers.
Following our current interests, we will be exploring farms and the animals who live on them. We will investigate different environmental sounds, specifically those which we may hear on a farm. Linking to our storytime texts, we will have the opportunity to plant our own beans. We will investigate what a seed needs to grow and monitor what happens over the coming weeks. Why not try and plant your own seeds and share with us, on SEESAW how well they grow?