Week Commencing 6th July
Spellings this week - ent, ence, ency
Week commencing 8th June
This week, you are looking at the suffix 'fer' and the rule when using this.
A little trickier than other rules but it really helps to say the words out loud!
Week commencing 18th May
Week Commencing 11th May
This week you are looking at homophones!
Especially the words you would often get confused with when writing!
Check out the sheet below to see what your spellings for the week are and some activities.
Week Commencing 4th May
This week we are looking at words that end with 'ible' and 'able'
If the word is a full word by itself, add ‘able’.
If the word is not a full word by itself, add ‘ible’.
Example – accept is a full word by itself so add ‘able’ to make acceptable.
Example – horr is not a full word by itself so add ‘ible’ to make horrible.
Week Commencing 27th April
This week, you will be focusing on the spelling sound cian, sion or tion.
This week, you should also be practising your spellings by applying them in some way.
- Try to add as many spellings into your writing tasks this week.
- Create a spelling test for your family or get them to test you!
- Create some silly sentences with them included.
- Write a nonsense paragraph trying to include all the spellings.
Week commencing 20th April
We are revisiting words that end with…..
gue - this makes a ‘g’ sound e.g. tongue
que - this make a ‘k’ sounds e.g. unique
See the link below for your spelling list and some activities you can do throughout the week.
Everyday – look, cover, spell, check the words from the list. Can you test yourself or get someone to test you on Friday?
Choose from the following activities throughout the week:
- Find out what they all mean. Can you create a little dictionary explaining the meanings? Can you draw a picture to represent each word and hide the word somewhere inside?
- Write them in different ways – backwards, in bubble writing, with colourful vowels, in word pyramids or create word shapes.
- Put them into sentences – the sillier the better! Challenge yourself to include them all in a short paragraph.
- How many more other words can you think of or find using gue or que?
- Consider which words you are finding trickiest to remember. Can you come up with a song, rhyme or way of remembering it?
Week commencing 30th March
This week, our spelling rule is ious!