Compliments and complaints procedure
At Bentley High Street Primary school we aim to build positive relationships with all parents.
We have procedures in place to encourage and address compliments, suggestions, concerns or complaints by parents or carers.
The following policy sets out the procedures that the school follows in such cases. Our school aims to meet its statutory obligations when responding to complaints from parents of pupils at the school, and others.
When responding to complaints, we aim to:
• Be impartial and non-adversarial
• Facilitate a full and fair investigation by an independent person or panel, where necessary
• Address all the points at issue and provide an effective and prompt response
• Respect complainants’ desire for confidentiality
• Treat complainants with respect
• Ensure that any decisions we make are lawful, rational, reasonable, fair and proportionate, in line with the principles of administrative law
• Keep complainants informed of the progress of the complaints process
• Consider how the complaint can feed into school improvement evaluation processes
We try to resolve concerns or complaints by informal means wherever possible. Where this is not possible, formal procedures will be followed.
The school will aim to give the complainant the opportunity to complete the complaints procedure in full.
To support this, we will ensure we publicise the existence of this policy and make it available on the school website.